"LIVING BIG STUDENT LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD OF DISTINCTION - ON CAMPUS AND OFF CAMPUS
This award recognizes a student leader who exemplifies outstanding leadership characteristics, not only demonstrating commitment to their academic pursuits, but also a strong commitment to the Douglas College community. Over their time at Douglas College, each Leader of the Year recipient has dedicated significant amounts of effort and energy towards bettering the student experience through involvement in campus and community activities. These award have been generously donated by Suzanne Kyra, Douglas College Foundation Board Member.
- $750 each for two winners with outstanding on campus involvement
- $500 each for two winners with outstanding off campus involvement
- Have been enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits, within any program or Faculty, during the previous Fall semester or most recent Winter semester. Students recognized by the Centre for Students with Disabilities with modified course requirements may be considered with a minimum of 6 credits.
- Has a minimum 3.0 College grade point average
- Has held at least one significant leadership position on campus or off campus
- Has made a significant impact to the Douglas College student experience through any of the following: student groups, campus events/programs, community and civic initiatives
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to mentor fellow students
- Students cannot self nominate for this award.
- Nominations open on December 1st, 2016 and will close at midnight on Friday, March 31st, 2017.
- Nomination form can be found at: Living Big Student Leader of the Year Award of Distinction Nomination Form